Data Loader is a client application for the bulk import or export of data. This is used it to insert, update, delete, or export Salesforce records.
To run SFDC Data loader, Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 11 or later, for example, Zulu OpenJDK version 11 or later for macOS. Data Loader version 45 and above now require users to install Zulu Open JDK where as prior versions required Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
Steps to configure Zulu Open JDK with Data Loader
- Install Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 11 or later, for example, Zulu OpenJDK version 11 or later for Windows/MacOS. Download the latest .msi file from the Azul site as shown below.
Follow the instructions and install the ZULU Open JDK in the system.
- Download latest version of Data Loader for your system. For each major release, a new version of Data Loader is available at here or you can download latest version from your Salesforce Org, navigate to Home –> Integrations –> Data Loader.
After successful download, a .zip file, dataloader_win.zip and dataloader_mac.zip will be downloaded into the system for Windows and MacOS respectively.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file from Step 2 and execute install ( Windows Batch File). It opens cmd and asks for the installation directory (screenshot below). Press Enter to keep the default setup.
After successful execution corresponding Data Loader folder will be created and details will appear at end. You can opt for desktop icon or start menu shortcut as per the requirement. Please refer below screenshot for the reference.
- Now you should be able to see a desktop/ start menu shortcut for Data Loader.
- Click on above shortcuts and voila !!!! your Data Loader setup is ready for work.